Finding the right bra for oneself is an accomplishment in itself. In a world where there are countless choices, one can certainly get confused, especially when they are new. Someone said it correctly that a wrong bra can feel like a cage but a right one will feel like a warm hug that you needed. We are here to help you find your warm hug.
Put on a comfortable non-padded bra
Go for something you feel comfortable and relaxed in. As long as your nipples lie in between the elbow and shoulder line you don’t have to tighten or loosen the strap.
In case you are new to the whole world don’t worry you can go ahead without any bra it will still work out just fine. But we recommend you to take help from someone elder like your mom or sister.
Find the right band size
Now take a measuring tape and it would be more convenient if you are in front of the mirror. Put the measurement tape right around your ribs under your breasts as this is the place where your bra band is going to be.
- Tighten the tape and to get the right measurement it should be in a straight line.
- Band sizes are measured in even numbers for example if your measurement is 33 ½ inches it is recommended to try both 32 and 34 sizes.
Finding your bust size
Keeping the tape straight measure from your back to the front in the line of nipples. Don’t tighten the tape and keep it relaxed.
- For every woman, one breast is larger than the other and our breasts’ size slightly varies according to the days and hormones. Hence, it is best to measure the bust size keeping the tape loose and relaxed.
- If you are concerned about the size and want to make sure that your bra doesn’t feel like a cage at any point of the day then we recommend you bend forward in L position and measure the bust size in that posture.
Finding your cup type
Subtract your band size from your bust size and the difference will give you the cup type
1 inch- A CUP
2 inch - B CUP
3 inch - C CUP
4 inch - D CUP
5 inch - DD CUP
- Above 5 inches the cup sizes differ by the company. You can go to the website of whatever company you prefer and choose the right type from the displayed size chart.
The last step
Combining the bra and the cup size you will have the size of your bra. For example, a 34 band size and C type measurement is a 34C bra. And there you go your perfect is waiting for you to drop it in the cart.
Before you go we would like to give you some recommendations learning from the experience of many women out there
- Always wash your bra before wearing it on the skin.
- Always try your bra before buying it but try it outside of a clothing layer like a top or t-shirt.
- Check your breast size after every 6 months as due to the changing hormones the size keeps varying.
- If you are still confused and nervous, know that there is always a professional at stores who can help you find the right fit.
Happy Shopping and keep your little friends healthy.